Friday, May 30, 2014

A Butch Comes Out to Them-self


"As a butch person, I battle my actual desires,
 
and the desires I feel imposed on me as a result of social expectations."




There are words for it, although none of them add up to the actual sensation of it when you know it’s burning in your pulse: Swagger.
Although we’ve now reduced that to “swag.”
It’s that tie-straightening and sunglass removal feeling. It feels distinctly masculine, because men can navigate whatever space they want and feel entitled to it.

Entitlement breeds confidence, and confidence breeds swagger.
I like the feeling of being attracted to all those beautiful girls on the street, but I know that the structure of our society assigns power to those who objectify the bodies of feminine beings, and then I’m not sure what feeling it is I enjoy.

                  





LOVE.

M..A..R

No comments:

Post a Comment