Friday, August 17, 2012

Patience and a Poem

An older poem of my youngness:


shipwrecked in the tidal free
the sea unfurled its rescuing .
winged around my desert scene
cooped me close in emerald green

now I cry for things unsaid
and shoot arrows off my head
my heart is heavy with dis-ease
moans palpitated symphonies

wonders briefly of a future thrown
in coins or pots or ivory thrones
where flames of candles show graceful Shiva
and death's dance relieves Maria

its weighted waltz of the lucid know
is thoughtless quick and thoughtful slow
I contemplate a fleeting kiss
and lose the truth that all is't lips

a double crescent the sky does grimace
dream caravan door with painted gibbous
a tip of the hat to my virgin insanity
capped capsules completing
lunic lucidity

please, kill me
so that I may live.


Another poem of folly:

It's queer and so amusing,
how i've given and taken to be,
a conscious fool and magician's seed,
planted deep within my mettled Burroughs.

Rabid being in the waxing world,
I yearn to see, beyond my crescent sheen,
where guttural bliss is as monstrosity,
and life is true in awesome monotony.

It is all one, one head, one hole,
one peek through the burrow,
I yearn to feel it all
over and over again,
in a philosophical gluttony,

so that I may learn to respect
this natural order, this higher power
that is within me and without me

Respect and Reverance
for you; for you and I,
I am that is,
it is, as is,
We
All
A
r
e.





No comments:

Post a Comment